Monday, June 10, 2013

Curve It Up - Helen Style

Yes,,,,, I am finally blogging.....

I finally finished my "Curve it Up" blocks.  I still had to make two blocks - The Star Block and Spools.  I love how my blocks finished up!  My challenge to myself was to use only one print per block and multiple solids throughout the quilt.




I really love the white sashing around my blocks.  Because I used a variety of fabrics, I needed more white space to give the blocks a restful feel.  The outer green border is Kona's Spearmint, it is a little bright but nothing a little Coral binding can't solve. :-)

I made two curved sets for each block which were 7x8.5" and I made a straight set the same size as my sashing, 4", to complete the outer curved border.
Jenny and I challenge all of you to assemble your "Curve It Up" quilt tops by July 1......

In other news....
I wanted to let everyone know that my amazing daughter #3 left on May 29 to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons).
She is serving in the Columbia, South Carolina Mission. :-)
Amazing Daughter #3 (Rachel) on left, with Amazing Daughter #2 (Kimbra)

For more up-to-date activities you can also check us out on Instagram at
SewKindofWonderful2

Helen and Jenny

19 comments:

  1. Lovely girls....and lovely quilt blocks...I really like solids..and don't use them enough any more. I used to only use them waaaaaaaaaaaay back there...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your border, looks good. I am far behind with my blocks, hope to get them finished soon.
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that border!! Dont think i will be able to get mine together by the 1st--especially since i made 2! but now i am more motivated for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the addition of the "curve" applied to some very traditional blocks.
    Block 11 appears to be the last one you gave pdf for (in March) Where can I find the 12th block?
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind - found it over at http://www.sewkindofwonderful.blogspot.com.au/

      Delete
  5. I just stop by to let you know I really like your web page and I had a fun time learning it. I’m grateful that my buddy e-mailed me the weblink to this blog site.

    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete

  6. Thanks for the ideas your share here
    So far, I am looking for a source of reference on various websites
    Now I have found what I was looking for all this time
    I keep the spirit to strive to be the best, one of which is a reference from your idea that really helped me.
    Once again I want to say thank you
    hadroh jepara marawis jepara rebana jepara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to Rachel - fun to see pics of your girls! Looking forward to seeing you and Jenny again in June for the Small Town Quilt Show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing in this article
    I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
    I hope to read the next your article updates
    obat pembesar penis vimax asli

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the addition of the "curve" applied to some very traditional blocks.
    Block 11 appears to be the last one you gave pdf for (in March) Where can I find the 12th block?
    Thank You

    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. vimax so beautiful, it could be a creative business idea, thank you for the article, in wait for the next article

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings admin
    I like your topic, after reading your article very helpful at all and can be a source of reference
    I hope others can feel the same benefits as me
    I will wait for your next article updates
    Thank you, for sharing
    vimax asli obat pembesar penis vimax original

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greetings admin
    I like your topic, after reading your article very helpful at all and can be a source of reference
    I will wait for your next article updates
    Thank you, for sharing
    sex shop, sex shop semarang, obat memperbesar alat vital, obat pembesar penis, vimax asli canada, vimax pill canada

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greetings admin I like your topic, after reading your article very helpful at all and can be a source of reference I will wait for your next article updates Thank you, for sharing
    obat aborsi penggugur kandungan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greetings admin I like your topic, after reading your article very helpful at all and can be a source of reference I will wait for your next article updates Thank you, for sharing sex shop, sex shop semarang, sex toys semarang, alat pembesar penis, vimax asli, obat kuat semarang, boneka full body,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Greetings admin
    I like your topic, I will wait for your next article updates
    Thank you, for sharing
    vimax asli obat pembesar penis

    ReplyDelete