Thursday, August 2, 2012

DECO SHIMMER

Thank you to everyone for your encouraging words.  It is motivating to know what people think about the things I do.

I finished the full Deco Shimmer quilt. It is 53x53 and I used the Adorn It line of fabrics.  I had bought 8 Adorn It fat quarters on vacation in Utah this summer when Jenny and I had 5 minutes at the quilt shop before it closed.  I knew the yellow and gray would go perfectly with the decor in our new house and I added the blue binding to give it just a splash of color contrast.  I quilted curved cross hatching in the outer layer of each block mimicking the curves the Quick Curve Ruler ruler created.  Yes, the pebbling made me a little crazy by the end, but the ribbons broke up the monotony and gives it great eye candy.  I love how it turned out!!!  I will have the pattern available soon.

Jenny is a great sister and she is very motivating to me!  I was fine hiding out in blogland, but she obviously wasn't going to let that last for long.  Congrats to the winner of the ruler and pattern.  Happy Quilting!






13 comments:

  1. I really like this block Helen and your quilting is so beautiful on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is gorgeous and that quilting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful.....the pieced blocks and the quilting! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! I'm sure it looks fantastic in your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE YOUR WORK!!! I love the colors, the design and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom this whole thing is gorgeous!! make me one?!

    -Lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see that you and your sister share the creative talent of quilting! You both do awesome work! I love looking at your quilting and how it make the quilts sing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, the quilting in that is fabulous! so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this quilt and the colors are wonderful. Where can I find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this quilt on another person's blog this morning so I came over from there. I am blown away by your quilting. Absolutely beautiful! You did an "out of this world" job on it and have elevated already gorgeous blocks to divinity (well, maybe not God-related, but can I say heavenly?)

    ReplyDelete