I finally finished my "Curve it Up" blocks. I still had to make two blocks - The Star Block and Spools. I love how my blocks finished up! My challenge to myself was to use only one print per block and multiple solids throughout the quilt.
I really love the white sashing around my blocks. Because I used a variety of fabrics, I needed more white space to give the blocks a restful feel. The outer green border is Kona's Spearmint, it is a little bright but nothing a little Coral binding can't solve. :-)
I made two curved sets for each block which were 7x8.5" and I made a straight set the same size as my sashing, 4", to complete the outer curved border.
Jenny and I challenge all of you to assemble your "Curve It Up" quilt tops by July 1......
In other news....
I wanted to let everyone know that my amazing daughter #3 left on May 29 to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormons).
She is serving in the Columbia, South Carolina Mission. :-)
|Amazing Daughter #3 (Rachel) on left, with Amazing Daughter #2 (Kimbra)|
For more up-to-date activities you can also check us out on Instagram at
Helen and Jenny