Friday, October 19, 2012

Deco Flora - Newest QCR Pattern

I am excited to show off the newest QCR Pattern - DECO FLORA!

The inspiration for this quilt came from visiting the botanical garden on the mall in Washington DC.  It was on a hot day in June 2011 that we found ourselves wandering into this great escape from the heat.  The garden is luscious, beautiful, and serene.




Every spot was filled with interesting plants and design elements.  That is what I tried to recreate in this quilt design.





This pattern is great for using all those wonderful big print floral fabrics that are so easy to fall in love with.  I used a great Amy Butler purple dot for the background fabric.  The quilting highlights the floral fabrics with a modern feather and my favorite background back-and-forth filler. 

I designed this quilt to have that very chic bohemian feel which goes great with many interior design elements.  This pattern also has a bonus table runner!

It is available on paper and as a pdf pattern.  Don't forget to buy your QCR today for 20% of regular price.  You can buy it here.



2 comments:

  1. I didn't know your story behind this quilt, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just ordered the ruler, can't wait to try it, and I love your pattern and the inspiration for it. Two talented sisters, how wonderful and fun for you both!!

    ReplyDelete